Question #30: I am a female, non-custodial parent. My ex has been out of work for 1 1/2 years & recently moved home with his parents. Our son, college freshman recently rented his own apartment. Is there a legal way to pay my child support payments directly to my son?


Generally, the terms of the noncustodial parent’s support obligations are spelled out in the Separation Agreement and the Judgment of Divorce. If the agreement and Judgment are silent regarding such issue, and there is a court order directing you to pay child support to your ex-spouse, in order to pay the funds directly to your son, you’ll have to get the court to issue a new order.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions