Question #238: I am separated from my husband for a number of years now. We use to live in the USA, we are both citizens and got married in city hall New York. We now reside in Ireland. I want to know can I get a divorce in the USA?

I do not know what the jurisdictional requirements of Ireland are to file there, but New York requires that you be living in NYS for between one and two years (depending on certain factors)
just prior to filing in order for it to have jurisdiction. If you are living in Ireland for a number of years, you should file in Ireland.

Leonard Weiner , Esq. Divorce Solutions