Question #23: I am currently considering a separation from my husband. I earn substantially more than he does ($70M vs. $40M). If I retain custody of the children am I still entitled to child support and how is child support calculated?


Child support is calculated based on a percentage of the total

incomes of both parties; the percentage varies depending on the

number of children. You could agree to a different amount for

child support through a mediated Separation.

The resident parent receives the child support payments from

the non-resident parent regardless of the resident parent’s income.

Please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss mediation. I can help.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq.Divorce Solutions