Question #15: My husband and I were married in February 1994 in Tennessee. We went our separate ways in that same year but neither one of us started the divorce proceedings. It is now 4 years later and I have resided in New York for over 2 years and he in California. We have not spoken or seen each other since 1995. I don’t know where to get the ball rolling to start the divorce proceedings. I just want this to be over. Any information you could provide me would be very helpful and appreciated.

If you are living in New York over 1 year you may file the divorce papers in New York. I strongly suggest that you contact your spouse and have him agree to mediate this divorce. If you are in the New York City metropolitan area please contact me at 212-370-1660.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions