Question #79: A wife abandoned her husband 16 months ago and now lives in a different state. Can an uncontested divorce for abandonment (no kids) be filed without the 1 year separation agreement? Thank you.

They can use abandonment as the grounds and then there will not be any necessity to

wait one year after the Separation Agreement is executed.

Please have the couple call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss mediating the divorce.

I can help them so they will not have to make any court appearances or have to come to NY.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions