Question #215: Hello there; I have a question for you, I am married and looking to file for divorce but will be leaving the state in a few months I am active duty Army and met and married my wife in Arizona can I file in the state of New York? I have resided in New York since 2009 or do I have to file in Arizona? She is currently living back in Arizona. please email me back with the correct information please.

If you are a resident in NY for over 2 years and your permanent residence remains in NY,
regardless of your temporary military assignment overseas, you can file in NY.

Consider mediating your divorce. I can help.
If you are living in the NYC metro area, call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss the matter in greater length.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions