Question #40: I have a question concerning child support. I am currently 19 years old and I have been reviewing child support from my father (non-custodial parent). I live in New York State and I attend college full time. I have recently moved out of my mother’s house and reside in an apartment. Because the child support is in my mothers name I have to drive over to her house in order to receive the check. I was wondering how I would go about, or if it was possible, to have the checks come to my home address and in my name. P.S. – if it helps, there is no dispute between my parents about the child support. Thank You!

If your mother is OK with the idea, she should prepare a letter to your father instructing him to send the child support payment directly to you.If both parties agree, the court will not get involved.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions