Question #2: My brother and his wife have been married for 10 yrs and reside in NY. Thru marriage he became US citizen. But now she is acting up. She has found somebody else. My brother put her thru school. But she doesn’t work in that profession. She spend a lot of money. One time he took up 2 jobs to meet the ends. They don’t have any sexual relations for years. She is verbally & physically abusive. She stays in the house like a motel. She comes and goes however she wants. They do own a house together. Now my brother have told her that he doesn’t want to live with her. But she doesn’t want to move out. How can he file for divorce? If she refuses to sign for divorce how can he get a divorce? Is there an option for it? How do they settle on the house. Though they have signed together she hasn’t paid a single penny in that house. Wd she be liable to pay the mortgage. If he needs to sell the house how can he settle on it. How can he prove her adultery? Can we hire private investigator for that. Wd that be legal in the sight of law. How does this divorce work in the state of NY?

If you are located in the New York City metropolitan area please call me at 212-370-1660 to discuss your matter at greater length.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq. Divorce Solutions