Question #55

If you have an executed court order from the judge, you can use that as the grounds for divorce, but you will have to wait a year before you can apply for your divorce. You may get divorced immediately, however, if you use other grounds.
If you are living in the New York City metropolitan area, please call me at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss the matter at greater length. You do not have to wait the year. You can do get divorced right now.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions

Question #57

New York State recognizes foreign divorces. Unless either of you contest the divorce, New York will accept it. You do not have to do anything in New York.
If you wish to remarry in the US, you can provide the county clerk’s office in the jurisdiction you are seeking to remarry a certified copy of your divorce with the US Embassy notarization.
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions