Question #119

One of the many advantages of mediating, rather than litigating a divorce, is that you can provide creative solutions to meeting and satisfying the needs of both parties.

If you are located in the New York City metropolitan area, I strongly suggest that you contact may at 212-370-1660 to arrange for a meeting to discuss mediating your divorce in which we will be able to discuss this and other different types of creative solutions to resolve the financial problems that may exist between you.

In mediation, all reasonable offers are discussed and entertained.

Leonard M. Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions

Question #260

You should send him a certified letter informing him that he is in breach of the Separation Agreement (quote the paragraph). If you do not receive confirmation of the payment and the title to the car as agreed, you will be forced to hire an attorney to make a motion to the court to enforce this provision, and that he will have to hire an attorney to respond and pay for yours as well.

If he does not respond, you can proceed to enforce the Agreement in court. The court should allow you any immediate damages you suffered as a result of his breach.

Leonard Weiner, Esq. /Divorce Solutions

Question #308

Yes, you run the risk that the court will see the transfer as a way to avoid giving your wife her equitable share (which may not be half). It would be best to reach an agreement w/ your wife about how much to give to the children.

If you are living in the NYC metro area, please call me to arrange for a meeting to discuss this matter in greater length.

Divorce Solutions
Leonard M. Weiner, Esq.

Question #319

I strongly suggest your son tell his lawyer that he can no longer pay him, and that he insists on going to a neutral lawyer- mediator, experienced in matrimonial matters in the county and court he is presently in to resolve the outstanding issues without the court’s further intervention.
If both parties agree to the mediation, the issues should be resolved quickly and expeditiously w/o major, additional legal expense.

If your son is located in the NYC metro area, have him call me to discuss the matter further.

Leonard Weiner, Esq./Divorce Solutions